So I finished the second striped anklet yesterday, and I blocked it out.  Here is the first one (already blocked) and the second one on the blocker:

The only thing I don’t love about how they turned out is the cuff.  I started the second pair in the other colorway last night, so I made some changes:

I trimmed up the ball and joined some lengths of the lime green since I thought it would make a nice color for the cuff.  I did the cuff in all one color, and I changed the ribbing to 2×2 since I didn’t love the way the 1×1 on the last pair turned out.  I like these better already.  The other pair was also somewhat big on me.  They will still be great for loafing around the house, but I wanted to make a pair in a nice stretchy, form-fitting size because I think socks are just better that way.

Today is my brother’s birthday, so I need to get going.  With all of the family in town, we are having a little party at my parent’s home this afternoon.  I should have lots of time to finish the first of the new anklets while there.

Happy weekend!

Advertisements