- We are on break for a week (again) at the college, so I have this week off from work.
- I had a great time at the knitting meet-up yesterday, drinking coffee, working on my Camp Loopy project, and getting to know a new knitting friend named Elizabeth. We actually were the meet-up, since we were the only ones to show, but it made for a lovely Sunday morning.
- Elizabeth suggested a Ravelry group associated with a local knitting shop that arranges group knitting and sometimes organizes events. One such event being considered is a local knit-in for World Wide Knit in Public Day which can be scheduled this year any day from June 9th -17th. The knitting group that I was previously knitting with met in a large park in a neighboring state for the event last year, so I am hoping that we will do something similar locally this year. I already ordered this chair, just in case!
- After some overuse this weekend, my left hand is back to being swollen, and my tendons in my forearm are not terribly happy. Ice and NSAIDs are back in action.
- My Camp Loopy challenge #1 Primavera socks are about 1/4 of the way done. So far so good (unless you ask my tendons).
- I bought 3 new knitting books (actually 4, but 1 hasn’t been delivered yet).
I got this one used for 0.20 cents.
I like these touchy-feely type of knitting books for late night reading, when I can’t sleep. I keep one next to my bed with a book light at all times. It helps to settle my racing mind when I’m having trouble falling asleep. The last one to serve this purpose (that I recently finished) was A Life in Stitches by Rachael Herron.
Then I splurged and bought both of these since I have been wanting to own them for some time.
~Happy Memorial Day and don’t forget to take a moment to appreciate all of the brave men and women (and the families of those men and women!) who have risked and gave (and continue to risk and/or give) their lives for our freedom.